Add a Discipline Form Letter
In Illuminate Student Information you have the ability to attach your own customized form letter using our form letter setup tool. If you’ve already used our layout tool with attendance letters, elementary report cards, and/or custom report form letters, this tool will be familiar to you. This lesson will walk you through how to add your own customized form letter to use for students with any discipline history.
Enter Form Letter Information
1. Enter a Name for your letter. The red asterisk (*) next to Name indicates this field is required.
2. You may add an optional Description.
3. Click Save.
1. On the left, click any pre-defined field (a.k.a. block).
2. Drag the block (holding your click on your mouse down) to where you want the information to appear on your letter.
3. Release your mouse click when the field is in the spot you want.
Note: If you see an error message instead of the layout, it means you uploaded a non-pdf file. See the "Discipline FAQ" lesson for support.
1. Click on the Formatting Palette icon to change font styles and alignment of your text in a single block or multiple blocks. To select a block(s), bring your mouse outside of a block(s), then click and drag over the block(s). The block(s) will highlight in yellow as you do this.
2. Once you release your mouse, the selected block(s) will turn green like the example above.
3. To remove a block, select a block and click Delete.
The block alignment tools allows you to align multiple blocks for uniformity.
1. You can left, center, or right align the blocks.
2. You can top, center, bottom align the blocks.
3. You can adjust the height or width of the blocks. The tool will default to adjust to the tallest/widest block. If you hold your shift key as you click on the specific block alignment icon, the tool will adjust to the shortest/most narrow block.