Transfer Student Grades from One Gradebook to Another
This lesson will cover Frequently asked questions, a step by step guide as well as troubleshooting tips and administrative information around how to transfer student scores from one GradeBook to another.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does the Transfer GradeBook Data feature do?
A: This feature allows teachers to bring over scores from another gradebook to another. This feature will work for students who have either tranferred
in from another class or another period.
Q: What are some common scenarios of when I should transfer student scores from gradebook to gradebook?
A: The most common scenario would be students transferring between class periods and other schedule changes (e.g., Mrs. Smith English Period 1 to Mrs. Smith English Period 3).
Q: Why don't you transfer student scores automatically for me like you used to?
A: Numerous reasons, the most obvious being flexibility. Automatically transferring scores presented many issues such as:
1. Assignments being slightly different between gradebooks preventing the tool to locate matching assignments, which then forced teachers to manually enter the
2. The tool would only run once and would not allow teachers to control what scores they wanted to bring over and when
3. The tool only worked between gradebooks that shared the same setup
4. Did not allow teachers to pull scores from another teachers gradebook
Q: When I transfer a score does it remove it out of the gradebook I am transferring it from?
A: No. It merely makes a copy of the score.
Q: For how long will I be able to transfer student score data after the student comes into my class?
A: The entire academic year.
Q: Can I only transfer scores once?
A: No. You can transfer scores as many times as you'd like for as many assignments as you'd like.
Q: Can I transfer scores for students from another teachers Gradebook?
A: Yes, the transfer feature allows you to take a students assignment scores from another teachers gradebook and align it to one of your own assignments.
Q: Do assignment names need to match in order for the tool to work?
A: No. If assignment names do match between gradebooks we will suggest the alignment automatically, however, if they don't you can simply tell us where the assignments line up.
For District or Site Admins
This feature is not permission based and is available for all teachers.
Where to Start
1. Assignment alignment will try and match assignments automatically for you that are similar by either Name or Date.
2. Select which GradeBook you want to pull assignment scores from. This will include all GradeBooks that the student has scores in for this academic year.
3. Click the Next button to continue
1. The red notification will let you know if some of the assignments in the gradebook you selected could not be aligned to any of the assignments in your gradebook
2. For each assignment, use the drop down to lign up each of the assignments. You have the option to ignore any assignment score you do not want to bring into your gradebook.
3. When you are done lining up each of your assignments click the Import button
1. After clicking the import button, a green notification bar will let you know that your scores were imported successfully. You should now see that the students scores have been automatically populated for you.
I still need help
For any additional questions, feedback or comments please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 951-739-0186.