The Spreadsheet View is a great way to:
1. See all your students and assignments at a glance
2. Entering large ammounts of data at once
3. Jump off into assignments or students
1. Input Mode allows you to enter student results by either Points, Score or Percentage. Keep in mind that Illuminate calculates all grades with points. The score and percent input mode simply calculates the points from that. For example : My assignment is worth 10 points. The student receives 90% of the assignment, so I switch my input mode to Percent and enter 90. This will automatically convert the students point value to 9 out of 10.
2. Column Per Page allows you to set how many assignments you want to see. You can set your assignments per page default in your Preferences page in the Setup tab.
3. Use the page links to jump to more assignments.
4. Update Score Summary will refresh your screen, updating colors, overall grades, class averages, etc.
Note: Keep in mind that every score is Saved automatically after you enter it. Updating Score Summaries does not have to be selected everytime you want to save, we do that for you.
5. Above each assignment are links to View or Edit the assignment.
6. The little icons represent the category that the assignment was tied to.
7. Use the little black arrows to sort any of your columns on this page
8. The red triangle at the top right of a cell represents that there is a note tied to that assignment for that student. Simply hover over the red triangle to see what the note is.
9. Class Averages will always be at the bottom of each assignment.
10. Next to each students name is a Gold Icon (Student Profile Report) and a Red Icon (Student Progress Report)
11. Clicking on a student's name will direct you to the student list mode where you can view all of the assignments and more for that particular student.
12. Enter scores, notes, etc. by simply clicking in the appropriate box and typing in the appropriate values. Use the UP or DOWN arrow keys to move quickly through scores or use the ENTER key to move down quickly.
Learn about the other views and how they'll make you a GradeBook super star by accessing the Views chapter of our GradeBook manual.